What’s the most beastly meat to eat? It’s easily beef. What’s a simple recipe fit for a monster? Tacos, of course. What makes this recipe fit for the animal you are is the higher-protein guacamole, helping it make you more productive towards your gains!
It’s a simple recipe that can also be used for meal prep – preparing multiple meals’ worth of the same recipe to eat for the following days to control your calorie and macronutrient intake more easily.
Steak tacos with Greek yogurt guacamole
8 oz flank steak (measured raw)
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tbsp each: garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper
4 corn tortillas
4 tbsp Greek yogurt guacamole (see below for recipe)
4 tsp Cotija cheese
Salt to taste
1. Cut the flank steak into thin strips.
2. Place the lime juice and seasonings in a plastic bag. Place the flank steak in the bag and let it marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes. You can add salt at this point, or after cooking, to taste.
3. Grill the steak to the desired temperature.
4. Assemble your tacos with the steak, 1 tbsp of the Greek yogurt guacamole, 1 tsp of Cotija cheese and enjoy!
Makes 4 tacos.
Greek yogurt guacamole
½ ripe medium avocado
2 tbsp non-fat plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp red onion, diced
1/2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp tomatoes, diced
1/4 tsp jalapeno, minced
1/2 tsp lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put all ingredients besides the salt and pepper in a bowl and mix. The more you mix, the creamier the texture will be, so mix to your desired texture.
2. Salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 tbsp.
Serving Size – 4 tacos
Calories – 746
Fat – 35g
Carbohydrates – 51g
Protein – 58g
Have you tried it yet?